Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 October 2016

Grey.

Another early Friday and still dark as I ate my breakfast. Not even a pretty sunrise to brighten my morning, just a gradual change from black to grey skies. At school it has been a busy and action packed day with my very lively Year 2 class. As I've recently been reminded that it is important that the children do all their corrections (with green pens so that the Ofsted inspectors can see we are doing our jobs properly) I seem to have spent the lessons, breaks and after school, going through the books putting in corrections using our marking code and then checking they have been done or any books still not done at the end of the day put to one side so that they can be done first thing on Monday. No wonder I was the last teacher out of school today. And I kindly stuck in some of the work done earlier in the week but there is a lot that should really have been done by each day's teacher. (That class has 2 different teachers as well as myself each week.)
Coming home I stopped at the top of the drive and gave myself the challenge of finding things to photograph. I tried unsuccessfully to capture the contours of the clouds so went back to finding interesting close-ups instead.
Still thinking about my sheepskin boots last night I thought I'd have a look on eBay. After many pages of Ugg boots which I don't want, imagine my surprise to find exactly the same boots as my current slippers. Same size, same logo (but no manufacturer given) but unfortunately the seller is in the States so the postage is very high and the boots are not in the best condition so not really worth considering. Still that gives me hope that the boots are still being made, all I need to do now is track down a new pair.  

No comments: