Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 October 2016

No Boots.

The day started much the same as yesterday but instead of brightening up more and more clouds appeared until it looked as if it was about to rain but didn't.
I did some grass cutting in the morning and then a second session later on in the day after which I had some time to do some weeding on the bank. There I found not only grass and plantains growing in the London Pride but horror upon horror long strands of bindweed. That was a bit of a shock after so many years spent eradicating it from the garden. Now that Peter has taken over the mowing I don't keep such a close eye on the garden and it's easy for a problem to develop.
This afternoon I went off on a shopping trip the main focus of which was to get the sheepskin boots/ slippers I promised myself as a birthday treat. My original, many times re-soled pair had lighter soles than Ugg boots which made them ideal for wearing around the house and I was hoping to get something similar which would last me for many years. Ideally I would like to try them on first but it's been surprisingly hard to find any locally. Ugg boots yes, fake fur boots abound but not the sort I want. Today I went to The Big Sheep (a local sheep themed children's attraction) as I'd been told they had sheepskin boots in their shop. Unfortunately I forgot to check what sizes they had and assumed they would have a full range but no the biggest pair were 3 sizes too small. My journey wasn't wasted as Atlantic Village a shopping mall just outside of Bideford, was close by so I dropped in there. Although they are supposed to be outlet stores there doesn't seem to be a lot of much cheaper items but it was fun to look around. Since my last visit (years ago) an Asda supermarket has appeared there so I went in to do some food shopping. I quite like checking out new supermarkets but not knowing the layout or more importantly where the reduced sections are does does mean it takes longer to do your shopping. I did find some oat bran on special offer which made it half the price it is in Tesco's so I stocked up on that and treated myself to some grapes to snack on as I drove the 10 miles back to Barnstaple.
While I had been out the new fridge had been delivered and once we had waited 3 hours as instructed I put back the food which had been keeping cool in the porch. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Too bad you didn't get your boots. : (
I've been trying to get caught up with the weeding around here too but it's a job that NEVER gets done.
But I do enjoy being outside.
Glad to you got your new refrigerator!!