Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 October 2016

Warmer.


We had a bit more sunshine today and it's still very warm. A day for leaving windows and doors open. I still smile when I recall the statement made by an architect I know who is very keen on passive houses. 'People don't really leave their windows open anyway.' People might not but I do. A passive house would not do for me.
I've spent a lot of time out in the garden today. First I dug up corms from 4 different varieties of crocosmia in the scree garden and replanted them in the propagating garden. Apart from 'Lucifer' I can't remember the varieties so they are labelled Crocosmia 1, 2 and 3 Weeds have flourished in all this warm weather and I haven't been keeping an eye on the propagating garden. Today I gave it a thorough weeding. I still need to buy more plastic plant labels not only to remind me what the different plants are but also to mark where they are. In the winter many will die right back so it will be good to know where not to hoe. Speaking of Christmas, Ho Ho Ho and all that, I've already seen decorations and trees in the shops and it seems like Christmas cards have been on sale since the summer. I try not to think about Christmas until after Bonfire Night but I have to admit to already be making plans. It gets ever more complicated as there are more family arrangements to be taken into consideration.
Just seen a little bat flitting about in the twilight.

No comments: