Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 October 2016

Wet.

It was a morning of sunshine and very heavy showers, too wet to get the pressure washer set up though I did cut down some of the golden marjoram. 
At school I had one Year 2 class for SPaG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) and PE then swapped to the other class for the last part of the afternoon. Despite spending time breathing in steam this morning my voice was still fairly minimal so instead of reading a story at the end of the day I let the children share their 'news'. They don't normally get a chance to do this in Year 2 but it is a good way to settle them right down (this was my very lively class) as I'm constantly letting them know I'm looking for sensible behaviour before choosing the next person to give their news. And although I let the child giving their news choose who is going to ask them a question I keep popping in reminders to look for children who are sitting and listening. This helps to motivate the children who would otherwise  be turned around chatting to the child behind or even lying down or crawling around.
After school I had an appointment for a dental check up. I got there in good time, booked in and filled in the same old forms again and it wasn't until after I had been waiting a while that the receptionist came over to let me know my appointment needed to be rescheduled. I'd had an email reminder for today's appointment but they said they had left a phone message on Friday on the house phone. In fact when I got home the message had only been left late this morning when I was out in the garden. My trip wasn't wasted as I went to the Lidl's that is right next door. I was tempted to buy some Polish biscuits to put away for Christmas. Hopefully I'll be able to hold out until then. I also popped into town to collect my treggings from M&S. They're not quite as tight in the leg as I would have liked but they will do for school.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Ah too bad about the dentist. I'd would have rather gotten it over with!!
Your sky pictures are spectacular.