Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 September 2016

Mostly Sunny.

It's been fairly sunny today with a bit of a breeze. It still feels like a luxury to have a relaxed lie-in, all those years of getting up early for the children and then for work - mine or Peter's so why not enjoy it? 
While I may have had a lazy morning I made up for it in the afternoon getting lots of jobs done. After my usual kitchen tidy up I sorted out a couple of the cupboards using Peter's no longer needed food containers to store food that was either in too big a box or in a bag that didn't make for easy stacking. Now they are all in labelled boxes stacked on top of each other and we're not in danger of things falling out of the cupboards when we open the doors. Next I completed the tidy up of the airing cupboard in the bathroom. This job was made harder by the shower of tiny pieces of plastic which fell when I took down the towels from the top shelf. Not a mouse nest which was my first guess but simply a plastic bag which over time and with the warmth of the hot water tank had disintegrated. I had to be constantly hoovering up the bits as they floated down.  Now I have a tidy cupboard and a few things for the charity shop. 
I finished in time for a pleasant hour sitting out in the sun with a book and a cuppa. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Always nice when the cabinets and neat a tidy. Thanks for the hair comment. I'm liking my short hair. : )