Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Good Bye.

It was very grey and wet as we said our goodbyes to Laura and Romas this morning. Before they left Romas; fixed a wooden shelf that I hadn't been able to get the screws into, carried the garden table back up to the shelter by the scree garden (I helped for part of the way but then he found it easier to lift the table by himself) and made a valiant attempt to get Audacity (so we can convert our LPs to digital) to work on my PC. There he ran into the usual problems you get with Windows 10 ie things that were quite simple to do on XP now are hidden so deeply it takes forever to work them out (Romas uses a Mac himself) so in the end he had to leave it.
It was raining heavily as I drove to work but dried up sometime in the afternoon and turned into a lovely afternoon. I had an uneventful afternoon with the Reception children, no nose bleeds or throwing up and the toilet accidents were dealt with by the teaching assistant. Our staff meeting after school was first about the new risk assessment programme that needs to be filled in as well as the current risk assessment forms we already do. The consensus was never to go on any trips out of school - not really but sometimes you just wonder. Then we spent a bit of time looking at the new PE scheme we are following which is a bit hard to get used to. I dropped into the Co-Op on the way home before a sunny drive home through the countryside.
The skies above were lovely and blue but I could see a grey haze over to the east, mist perhaps? 

No comments: