Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 9 July 2017

Humid.

It's been another overcast humid day with a coolish breeze. It felt as if it might rain at any moment but that never happened, neither did the sun really break through the clouds.
We both enjoyed the bacon buns and after putting most of them in the freezer we had the last 2 for breakfast this morning. Peter didn't bother with sausage last night as they were, like most Lithuanian food I've come across, very filling. 
In the afternoon I set to work taming a patch of grass at the side of the yard which had escaped being mowed for a while. A combination of mowing and then hand cutting has made it look a lot tidier. The flies were a real nuisance, so much so that I had to put on a long sleeved shirt to avoid getting eaten to pieces. The horse flies are the worst and there's a real feeling of satisfaction when I manage to dispatch one. 
Even the humble thistle has a beautiful side.

No comments: