Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 July 2017

Sunny.

It was lovely to wake up this morning and see blue skies through the windows. Still quite a breeze but the sun has stayed with us all day.  
Peter was off rowing this afternoon while I took full advantage of the weather and climbed up and down the hillside cutting back and weeding. I dug out most of the bracken that was growing there and pulled out brambles - with my bare hands!  That was only because I couldn't be bothered to go down to the house to get my gloves. Surprisingly I didn't get a single scratch or prickle stuck in me. Oh no, I've just spotted one small scratch.
After a very good weeding session I went inside to take photos of a number of the pictures I brought down from the loft to see if the youngsters want any of them. I'm tempted to keep some of the beautiful wooden frames for family photos. Not quite decided on the pictures yet. 
Determined to have some relaxation time I got out the sun lounger and had read 2 pages when Peter returned home. However he came out and joined me for a while telling me all the latest news he had heard while he was out. By the time I came back indoors it was a bit late to do my half hour on the exercise bike so I called it a rest day though I have done my second session of core exercises. Perhaps I'll have another go with the hula hoop.

No comments: