Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Warm.

After some early morning rain the day warmed up and the sun eventually made an appearance. 
I carried on working in the scree garden which despite the leaf and moss picking has to be one of my favourite parts of the garden. That's mainly because of the stones, in the sun they shine like silver veined with copper while in the rain they darken like rocks in a mountain stream. I carried on snipping dead flower stalks and grass edges until I could bear the flies no longer. I don't really like the idea of spraying toxic chemicals onto my skin, don't want to cover up because who doesn't want to have a golden tan so I just apply some body spray in the hope that might discourage some of the flies.
I made sure that I had some reading time outside as well. Funnily enough the flies weren't so bad down by the house. The warm afternoon sun tempted me to stay longer drying my hair in the sun but I still did my half hour cycle so now I'm running late. We'll watch the last 2 episodes of season 3 of GOT tonight. Jus 2 more season to watch and we'll be ready for the new season.

No comments: