Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Changeable Weather.


I first woke this morning while it was still dark. Looking out of the window I could see a distinct fog bank above the river lit by the street lights. In the other direction the moon was setting dramatically over the hill. When next I woke and looked out everything was sparkling white with frost. Frosty roofs and frosty grass with a clear sky above. A friend of mine posted photos of her car upside down on the verge where she had hit black ice going round a bend. Luckily she was just shook up though her back is sore too.
We had blue skies all morning then the cloud bank rolled in and the world turned grey.
We spent the morning moving boxes up into the loft. We used an extra large shopping bag and a rope to haul the heavier stuff up which worked a treat. In the end I decided to move the plastic storage boxes from my study as well. Once that was done we moved the big mirror from our bedroom and I brought my digital piano upstairs. There's still some stuff to sort out (hidden from the camera) but I'm enjoying my new look study.
Just returned from my Pilates class. I got there to find a fluster of Pilates ladies in the main lobby because the Drama Hall was being used for something else and we should have been told that the class was cancelled but weren't. In the end we had our session in the dinning hall. As usual it was a hard work out and I opted out of a couple of moves that were too much for my back. The teacher/leader? usually gives a gentler version for those that need it and reminds us that we know how much we can do.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We have that changeable weather here too. One day warm, the next day cold with snow again.
Sounds like another busy day for you.