Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 January 2018

Cold.

 It's been a sunny but chilly day today. 
As a friend is supposed to be coming around tomorrow to help us take things to the dump in his van I thought I'd better make a start on the shed. Tempting as it was to get straight into demolition I decided to work methodically and clear the inside first. Although the shed had been left technically empty by the last owners there were old kitchen cabinets, shelves and tool racks to dismantle. Also the walls look to have been papered when the shed was first built and I needed to remove the faded and tattered paper. Old paper like that makes me cringe but at least it wasn't wet which would have so much worse. The original wooden floor had mostly rotted away to crumbs and growing over and under it were the fattest and longest bindweed roots I have ever seen. I managed to get the worst of the mess into bin bags ready to go down to the dump. I can't wait until the whole thing is down and gone.
With a clear sky tonight's sunset was a magnificent horizontal fade from blue to yellow and orange.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Will you be building another to take its place?
Beautiful sky.

Ruta M. said...

No, I can use the garage for storage. At the moment where the shed is happens to be the sunniest spot in the garden so I'd like to be able to sit up there. My only plan is to put weed stopping fabric there and place at the plants from Dingles on top as they need to be split and re-potted this spring.