Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 January 2018

Wet.

It has rained all day long. Not the cloudbursts of yesterday but steadily enough to keep me indoors which was fine as I had a couple of indoor jobs to get on with. I began by continuing to sand the paint drips & sploshes off the planks I took off the radiator. That done, and it did take a while I simply nailed the pieces together to make a box for the orchids to stand on. Best of all it was done using materials that I had to hand.
I've been really disliking this view of the kitchen especially as we will be replacing the solid door to the kitchen with one that has glass panels in the top half to bring some light into the dark hall. Not intending to replace the dishwasher or even the kitchen units and worktops which are not in the best of condition I thought that a curtain would at least help cover up the clutter. Being unable to find any shower curtains in town that would do ( I thought that shower curtains would give the most suitable fabric for a kitchen) I ordered one on-line hoping that the colour shown was fairly accurate. The curtain arrived in the afternoon and after careful measuring I got it cut and pinned. To hang it I was able to re-use the adjustable rod that our bedroom net curtains had been hung from.
I can't claim that the curtain is a design masterpiece but it does tone in with the kitchen colour scheme of mushroom brown cupboards and grey/orange/white floor tiles. Not colours I would choose myself but we will be moving on one day. I still need to sew the top hem but didn't fancy getting the sewing machine out today as it gets temperamental if I rush. 
I'm still debating which colour to paint the grey kitchen walls, cream to match the tiles or white because white is best.

No comments: