Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 8 January 2018

Cold.

I don't think it has been quite as cold today but it has been an unpleasantly clammy overcast day. First thing this morning I walked down to the Co-Op to buy some strong bin bags as I wasn't sure if the flimsy ones I used yesterday to put the shed rubbish in would hold. People in the shop were saying how cold it was but I felt quite warm after my brisk walk. I must remember to take some gloves rather than just my fingerless gloves though as my finger tips got a bit cold. Even though it was early in the day I got a few reduced items including some blueberry muffins that Peter likes.
Back home I began tearing off the tar paper from the shed roof and putting some in each strong bag as well as yesterday's bags. So far I've cleared one side of the very old roof. Peter's friend came around in the afternoon and took the heavy sprung mattress down to the dump in his pick up truck which was a great relief. I then loaded up my little car with all the bagged rubbish and also drove down to the dump. As it was nearby I called in at Tesco's for some vegetables I had forgotten in the morning. Tesco's isn't too good at reductions but I did pick up a fresh pineapple for 49p and some Southern fried drumsticks at 25p for 2 which made Peter happy. Some reduced cheesecake might also have made it's way into my trolley though with a view to returning to healthier eating I did buy some cottage cheese as well. 
The weather vane on top of the church.

2 comments:

happyone said...

A nice resting place for those crows. : )
When I walk in the cold I tuck my hands up into the sleeves of my sweatshirt and my hands stay warm, I don't even wear gloves.

Ruta M. said...

I've got poor circulation and wear fingerless gloves inside the house for most of the winter even when I have the windows open.