Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Progress.


Things are happening! We had a phone call today to say they are starting putting in the new windows tomorrow. Then we had another phone call and visit from the chap who is going to do our loft. The first part of that is to install a pull-down loft ladder and we've chosen the wider of the 2 options he showed us. 
In preparation for tomorrow I cleared as many of the window sills as I could. The kitchen is much brighter without a window full of orchids. My intention was always to move the orchids to in front of the new sitting room window which will extend further down than the current window.
Having bought a reduced box of hair colour this afternoon I messed about ombreing my hair again. It was a bit unnerving to add bright blue powder to the mix and to read the warning that before turning lighter my hair would go red. I don't think it did but I had my hair hidden in a plastic bag to reduce the smell of the bleach. (Had to crop the photo because Peter failed to mention how pudgy my elbows looked.) Not too bad for only 50p. The silly thing is that my hair is almost always tied back in a single plait but I'm giving in to vanity in not liking how dark my hair has got as I get older. Can't wait until the natural white streak at the front gets bigger.
I'm blogging early as tonight I'm off to my first Pilates session with my fancy purple mat. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

We are getting windows put in to day too at the new house. One was installed yesterday.
Hope all went well with your class on you new purple mat. : )