Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 January 2018

Damp.

It's been a damp misty day with the sand dunes of Braunton Burrows almost lost to view. Undeterred I got on with planting up the window box after adding half a bag more of compost. In retrospect I should have made a central support to prevent the slight bowing but I can live with that. I planted the box up with a couple of grasses to give year round interest and two kinds of sedum in the hope of attracting some butterflies. I also added some small bulbs emerging in some pots from Dingles. I think they are small narcissi. I was able cover the top of the compost with a bag of river pebbles that I discovered behind the old shed. I do like the challenge of reusing materials that are around the place.
Now on to the next project, a box to put the recycling boxes in. So far I've made the lid using cladding and only had to redo my work twice which is quite good for me. I've got enough cladding left to make the front of the box and the rest will have to be all wood.
I look forward to seeing the front garden in flower.

1 comment:

sharon said...

I love your blog, Ruta. You are an amazing woman. I love reading about all of the projects you do (you remind me of my husband! LOL).

Sharon
(from US)