Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Grrrrrrrr !

I was hoping that today I'd be posting a photo of the new bin shed and indeed I successfully bought one at B&Q which had been reduced a further £10 plus my 10% discount. However before I left I went out to the back garden to take a photo of the outside tap so that I could buy the correct fitting for the hose and discovered that the drain cover there was being pushed up by the waste water underneath. So while I was at B&Q I bought some extra strong chemical drain blaster. Once home we got the drain rods out of the garage, I donned new heavy duty rubber gloves and opened the drain lid. I shall spare the gruesome details but although the water level had dropped there was clearly a problem. Suffice it to say that emptying and rodding have not yet been enough so the chemical has been added and I'm hoping for a miracle.
Then came my next frustration, when I plugged my camera in to the PC it didn't do the usual thing and upload but gave a blue message about apps and Windows Store. Peter had a look but media was never his thing so not a lot of help there. I finally found a way of getting the photos but then had to move the folder from one place to another and rename it. Peter has suggested reloading the driver but that would mean locating where my discs are which might take a while. No help from Google so my last hope is that it might all resolve itself once my PC and been switched off and then turned on again. You never know.

1 comment:

happyone said...

It sounds crazy but a lot of times turning everything off and restarting the computer fixes things. I've done that many times. Hope that is all it is. Computers sure can be frustrating at times.
Pretty sky.