Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 January 2018

Cleaning.

Another day of mixed weather. Work continued in the loft keeping me out of my study. In the morning I wanted to stick the numbers on our various bins so naturally I went out armed with a bucket of hot water, soap and bleach and gave the smaller bins a thorough scrub probably adding to the neighbours' impression that I am some sort of cleaning fanatic. If only they knew. 
I had planned to have a proper sort out of the kitchen food cupboards but the increasingly blue skies lured me out to the front garden to weed out all the chickweed seedlings that had sprung up. They might only have two tiny seed leaves but with the root they were up to two inches long. I'm leaving the celandines as I think they will make a nice addition to the daffodils some of which are beginning to appear and later in the year they will be tucked away under the hardy geraniums
I have a suspicion that this top section of decking has been laid over paving. It might be possible after cleaning the planks and cutting off the rotting ends to relay them on the sunny side of the garden where the shed was.
Mid-way through the afternoon grey clouds rolled in bringing heavy rain. With no possibility of escaping outdoors I started on the kitchen cupboards. After taking out all the food items which were quite randomly stuffed into the various cupboards I gave the insides of the cupboards a good clean. Then I really had to tackle a job I've been putting off, cleaning the very tops of the kitchen cupboards. They were utterly nasty, a layer of dirt and grease which I first had to scrape off with an old kitchen knife. With much muttering and scrubbing with washing up detergent I got them back to a clean state. The final touch was to place sheets of kitchen foil over the top surfaces so that when I next decide to spring clean all I have to do is replace the greasy kitchen foil. After that all I had to do was replace the food items in some sort of order leaving the insides of the cupboards satisfyingly tidy. 
There was a little bit of colour in the evening sky and I'm still tilting down to the left when I take photos.

No comments: