Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 January 2018

Foggy.

This morning two little cat faces looked at me accusingly through the sliding door as they'd had to spend the night in the conservatory. I had put their cosy cat houses and a box they like to sleep in in the conservatory last night but they were not impressed. Once they are trained to go through the cat flap in the kitchen to use the litter box outside they can sleep in the warm kitchen but for the time being the conservatory will do.
The day began with a light fog obscuring the view. Throughout the day the sun tried breaking through the clouds giving a hint of colour to the sky. The window men came as I was setting off to the doctors' where I was fitted with a 24 hour blood pressure monitor. The test reading the nurse took was very high because not only had I been held up in traffic due to a broken down car blocking the main road but when I drove into the surgery car park there was not a space to be found and I had to drive out and park in a nearby road all of which made me five minutes late.. There is a school close to the surgery and apparently some parents sneakily park in the surgery car park. If you arrive late for a doctor's appointment you get a telling off and have a long wait even though I've never been seen on time. Luckily today I was just seeing the nurse.
Back home the men got on with fitting the kitchen window and finishing off in general which took until 4.00. They gave me the invoice which I said I would settle once the sitting room glass has been changed. I spent some time rearranging furniture in the sitting room or rather moving a large pine chest from one space to another. It was very heavy and something underneath was scratching the wooden floor so I had to move it carefully until I hit upon putting a large towel under the chest which then slid easily across the floor. 
I also finally got around to successfully informing the DVLA on-line about my change of address, cut my plastic driving licence in two as instructed and posted it off. I took these photos on my walk around the corner to the post box.
 A hint of sunshine on the hills.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The towel is a good trick to slide things around. I do that too.