Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 January 2018

Silly Me.

It's been a day of mixed weather, heavy rain in the morning, sun in the afternoon and ending overcast. As the builders were going to be working in the loft all day making my study inaccessible I took the sewing machine and materials down to the sitting room first. Then I loaded up my car with a couple more bags of junk from the shed and headed off to the dump. From there I did some shopping including two coir doormats for the front and back doors and some white stick on numerals to put on our various bins. On collection days each household puts its bins in a group by the parking area. A small price to pay for having no traffic going past our house. I've written the house number on the bins in black marker but it will be easier to identify our bins with the number in white.
At home the hall and kitchen were filled with large panels of chipboard and the sitting room housed a number of rolls of insulation taking up most of the space. I squeezed myself in and got on with my sewing. As you may have noticed the end result was not set of shopping bags but three cushion covers. It was only as I was near to completing the third shopping bag that I had the following sequence of thoughts ' Making cushion covers is so much easier./ Maybe I should have made cushion covers./Could I still make cushion covers?/ Right, let's chop up these fiddly shopping bags.' If I had worked this all out before starting it would have taken less than an hour to make four cushion covers. Still better late than never and as the dining table is pushed up against the wall we don't need a fourth chair with a matching cushion.
By the time the builders finished for the day half the boards and all but two rolls of insulation were up in the loft. Once that is done work will begin in the sitting room. Can't wait to decorate the room (all white) and transfer the contents of the cardboard boxes into the big pine cupboard. 
9.45pm - Back home from singing with the choir. I stand with the other altos and in our little crowd was a face I recognised, somebody I knew from the many years we went to a church in Ilfracombe. We had a nice chat in between concentrating on singing. We learnt the South African song Shona Malanga and I'm afraid our alto group struggled with one section and kept on fading out to silence accompanied by puzzled expressions until after a lot of work we managed to get through the song. 

No comments: