Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Shed Down.

The shed was still standing this morning. There was only light drizzle in the air so out I went to complete the demolition. After messing around about a bit removing pieces without a total collapse I pushed the frame so that it sagged gently towards the wall. From there it was easy to prise apart all the pieces until all that remained were a couple of piles of wood. Some I shall keep to build a planter at the front and the rest is being taken by our builder. 
The builder came this afternoon and brought in timber which he used to increase the depth of the joists in the loft so that we can put in insulation to the new depth specifications.  I spent some time staring out of Peter's study window seeking inspiration for the top part of the garden. Once I've gone over the slippery decking with the pressure washer I may have thought of something. As I'm not designing a garden for me the main criteria are minimum expenditure for maximum impact. I'll need to think where to place a couple of washing lines as I'm not a fan of rotary washing lines. Also there needs to be a seating area in the top left hand corner which gets the most sun.
I've just returned from my Pilates class which as usual was challenging but fun. I got there early enough to position myself right at the back. Funny how everyone likes to be at the back. The teacher swaps the exercises around and this week I struggled with those that involved balancing on one leg. I made some progress in the lie-on-your-tummy with legs and arms outstretched and off the floor exercise as this week my knees actually parted company from the floor though I don't think anyone watching would have been able to see this amazing feat. 

No comments: