Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Shed Cleared.

The window people arrived early this morning and took less than 15 minutes to take out the two lower double glazed units in the sitting room window and replace them with safety glass. 
Then I loaded up my car with bags of rubbish from the shed, mainly rotting cupboard sections and other old wood. Having successfully off-loaded everything at the dump and being told to 'Keep your hands out of the skip.' when I was fishing up some large plant pots from the plastics skip I returned to BJ's to buy another 5 of those crisp white boxes and more curtain rail fittings. The orchids sit nicely in their boxes and I've already made a start on making a wooden box/shelf to raise them up a little. I'm re-using the wooden planks that were screening the sitting room radiator. They are painted light green on one side and on the narrow edges so I'm sanding off the paint on the edges and the drips and splashes on the unpainted side before I make the box.
It was windy but dry in the morning so after I returned from my dump run I began striping off the tar paper from the far side of the roof of the shed. Heavy rain drove me inside after a while but once that is done I can begin the fun job of demolishing the now empty shed.
This evening was choir night so wrapped up against the rain I walked to Windsor rd. for my lift to the rugby club where we sing. It was dark going down the steps between the houses on the corner of our grass with 3 lots of steps which I took cautiously. Next time I'll bring a torch. At the rugby club there was a problem with the heating which made me glad I was wearing my fingerless gloves. I'm really enjoying the singing and it certainly is a mental exercise for the brain remembering the words as well as the part we are supposed to be singing. At least I knew the tune and some of the words to Happy Together and Kalinka.  

No comments: