Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 January 2018

Wet.


With heavy rain falling all day long I've had an afternoon battling with my sewing machine. Foolishly I decided to work in the sitting room kneeling at the low coffee table. Fine for a while but not so good on my back when done for the whole afternoon. Sewing the hem on the under counter curtain went smoothly enough but then I decided to use the remaining fabric to make some shopping bags. Plastic bags stopped being free some time ago and the stronger 'bags for life' get very scruffy after a while and of course they are still made of plastic. I've a couple of jute bags but they are quite bulky. I had enough fabric left to make three bags and being me decided that I would make bags with side panels instead of the easier flat bags. I worked on all the bags at the same time and by the end of the afternoon having had a number of annoying incidents of the thread breaking or running out not one bag was completed. If I wanted to get my exercises done I had to stop for the day. I had to put everything away as the builders are starting work tomorrow and may be working in the sitting room as well as the loft.

No comments: