Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 January 2018

Frosty.

Woke up early and refreshed this morning to see a hard frost outside. It was chilly outside but a brisk walk into town soon warmed me up. Our metal dish drainer had suddenly gone rusty and I had spotted some in TK Max that came with a drainer tray underneath, just right for our kitchen. I got that and bought the shelf fittings I wanted in Wilko's. I was even more impressed with Wilko's range of DIY stuff when I saw that they have a pick and mix section where you fill a large or small plastic bag with screws, nuts and bolts for the same price you can pay for a pre-packed half a dozen items in the big DIY places. My first stop on the High Street was to hand over a bag of microwave baking dishes to one of the charity shops. I'd put them aside but even when I put them in a shopping bag they still got left behind when I went into town last week. At least I remembered in the end. I also got myself a large fancy mug for my morning tea from Clinton's. I'd thought about getting it last week when it was half price and then today when I saw it was reduced by 70% I caved in.  
The postman brought my new yoga mat for my Pilates classes which starts next week. I'd ordered one before Christmas but recently they informed me they had run out of stock. I'd thought I would have to take my very old camping mat which was well used for many scout camps and has bits nibbled from the sides. It was quite confusing choosing a mat, they seem to range up to over £100, can't think why. I just went for the thickest one at a reasonable price and as there was a choice of colours I went for purple though I was tempted by the pink one.
I found this old picture of Barnstaple and Pilton in the 18thC when I was researching their history. Some of the main buildings and the two bridges are still here today.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice that you are able to walk to town to the shops. I'll have a longer walk to do that once we move into the new house.