Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 14 January 2018

Kitchen Shelves.

Today has been a lovely sunny and hazy day, perfect for a walk apart from the fact that it is the weekend. We prefer to walk in the week when there are less people around. Not only was the sun shining this morning but the church bells were ringing and a wood pigeon was cooing. I have also heard an owl several times in the evenings.
Having cut the wood yesterday today I got on with getting the shelves in place. The heavy recycled shelf above the fridge  simply sits on top of the fridge. I used the offcut to make the 2 stands so that there is airflow to the back of the fridge.
The 3 shelves took more work, drilling into the side of the cupboard and the wall to fit the cupboard shelf supports. Initially I was going to fix wooden battens at the wall end but thought that if the plaster over concrete was sound I could get away with simply drilling holes for more cupboard supports. Luckily it worked and I had the exact number of supports to do the job. However I will admit to drilling a second set of holes for the middle shelf because my calculations were off and the spacing was uneven. 
My plan had been to put the radio on the first shelf but the reception wasn't so good so it returned to its space on top of the work surface. That's my fancy digital radio which still doesn't pick up a digital signal and has to revert to the analogue signal. I had fun arranging some (not all) of our spices on these shelves. I'd prefer to have everything hidden in cupboards but we just don't have enough space, or maybe too much kitchen 'stuff'.
Another thing that brightened my day was discovering that I can do my YouTube singing exercises while putting photos on the blog or doing my online jigsaw. 

2 comments: