Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 22 January 2018

Dry.

Almost no rain today with a light breeze in the morning that tempted me to hang some washing out on the line. Speedy's latest game is to lie in the laundry basket batting the plastic bottle from the washing liquid bottle, round and round. I think he's bored with no small creatures to hunt.
Taking advantage of the dry weather I spent the day outside continuing the dismantling of the shed. 
It was a bit like one of those children's games where you have to remove blocks from a structure without the whole thing collapsing. The shed is disintegrating around the bottom and by the time I took a break (above) it was distinctly wobbly. From that point it was a matter of taking of a couple of planks from one side then moving to the other. My tools for this job were a claw hammer and an extra large screwdriver which I used to lever off the planks.
By the time I called a halt for the day most of the planks were off. The remaining door is wedged into the lintel so I left it there to support the frame. The back corner is being supported by a heavy plank but I wouldn't be surprised if it falls down in the night.
A touch of colour in the sunset tonight.

No comments: