Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 March 2024

A Day of Two Halves.


The day began grey and romantically misty, stayed dry long enough for me to drink my tea outside and then it poured. The rain cleared early in the afternoon and all of a sudden we had sun and intensely blue seas.
I couldn't decide which of these atmospheric morning photos I preferred so am posting both of them.
While it was raining I put some bits and bobs in the various boxes in my bedside cupboard. I'm trying to be organised from the start rather than stuff everything in just because there is more storage space. I also mended a tear in Peter's work trousers. I like mending clothing knowing that something isn't going to waste. 
Then once it was dry again I was back out in the garden. I finished off the trench I started yesterday but only did one section of the next as I had to spend time digging down to remove a very ancient dandelion root. The robins were absent for most of the time, only the bolder of the two came later on. There weren't many worms where I was digging so I didn't get a chance to see if the robin would feed from my hand again. The blackbirds were around though. The male blackbird found a fat worm I'd thrown (they're much better than the robins at seeing where the worms land when I throw them). He went off and along came the female who collected her worm. Then the cheeky male came and tried to steal her worm too. I told him off and he left the female alone but I expect there will be a few words said at the nest tonight.
I never cease to be amazed at the changing colours of the sea and sky. We wondered at the cause of the circular area in the sea (above). Was it a shoal of fish or just a random current throwing up sand? Minutes later there was no sign of the circle. Very strange.

 

No comments: