Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 March 2024

Cold.

It's been a very cold day with wintry showers.
I was up early again this morning and was greeted by the sight of even more white on the mountain tops. Not only Snowdonia to the north but the Cambrian mountains to the west. Even some of the fields and roadside verges by Aberystwyth were dusted with white. As can be seen from the photo below  it's not actually snow but hail that has formed into a covering of ice but in my mind if the mountains have white peaks then that's snow.
The photo above comes from FB. It was taken at 7.00 this morning on the main A road(near the Elvis rock) that leads down to Aber the same time as I took the top photo.
I decided to go shopping this morning because much as I prefer to combine shopping with other things rather than making a separate journey we needed to get some stuff from the supermarket. When I left home it was bright and sunny, sunglasses essential but somewhere along the line the weather deteriorated. The sky turned grey and there were some nasty showers. 
It wasn't looking a lot better when I got home but I was determined to get out in the garden to finish the digging. I stayed out through a number of showers and the digging is now done. Hooray. The robin came down for worms to feed the chubby youngster who perched cheeping in the hedge and the blackbirds, who are not as brave made lightning raids to grab the bigger worms. From now on they are going to have to find their own food.

The last heavy shower gave us a lovely rainbow arching over my neighbour's house. They are down for Easter with all five of the grandchildren (I met them shopping in town.) I hope the weather improves for them and all the other holidaymakers down for some seaside air.


 

No comments: