Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 27 March 2024

Snow Again!

I got up early again today and so was able to watch the dark clouds blowing in from the west over a flat sea and drink my tea before the first drops of rain sent me back indoors. The day has been one of warm sun, chilly showers and a low rainbow in the morning.
While I was still sitting outside my thoughts turned to how there hasn't been any ordnance needing to be blown up in the last few years only to discover from the local FB page that a mortar of some sort had been found on the beach on Monday and blown up yesterday afternoon. Peter knew all about it as he had been doing his stint in the RNLI shop yesterday morning and the coastguards share the same building.
Most of my day has been spent outside, digging. Although I worked through a few short showers it was a good thing I came in for a break when I did as that's when we had some serious rain. A shame I left my boots outside the back door and had to put on some thick socks to soak up the damp when I went back out again. 
It was at that point that I saw snow on the mountains which was a bit of a surprise. An hour later it had all gone, melted by the sun and then washed away by the next shower.
I made good progress with the digging today despite the interruptions. Just another hour or so and the digging will be finished but that will have to be on another day.

 

No comments: