Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 March 2024

Showers.

It's been a day of sunshine and showers, and a few rainbows. Warm enough in the sun to be working outside with bare arms. 
In between showers I've been working in the garden. (No surprise there.) I began by stomping my way across the whole of the dug over area followed by raking to level off the lumps and bumps and a second bout of stomping. If anyone had been watching I'm sure I would have looked most odd as I shuffled my way round and round until every inch of soil had been compressed.
The robin and the blackbirds were there again but apart from a few worms turned up by the rake they were out of luck. The robin did his best tweeting sweetly at me from the wall of the raised bed but worm time is over.
Mrs Blackbird giving me a disappointed look.
It's not possible to tell from the photos but the ground does slope away gently towards the bottom of the garden. I had fun marking out the path by drawing lines in the soil but though I tried swinging it over more I ended up with it being more or less the same as before.  Now comes the heavy work of covering everything with the gravel which being wet is very heavy. I began by going over the path line to see the reality of the plan that has been in my head for so long. Rain then stopped play and I'm going to have to pace myself anyway. I foresee a good workout for my arms emptying bag after bag of gravel and later stones.
Another faint rainbow.

 

No comments: