Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 30 March 2024

Showers.

The day began with not a single cloud in the sky which was wonderful. The clouds soon began to blow in and then halfway through the afternoon it all turned grey and we had rain, followed by a rainbow.


Before I began shifting gravel I marked out the line of the path with some old spray paint. Then, using the right tools; sturdy trowel, coal shovel and old bucket plus my campervan step to stand on, it wasn't too hard to empty the rest of the first dumpy bag of gravel. Four scoops with the shovel filled a third of the bucket which is the amount that I am able to carry. I could carry more but not for several hours at a time. I calculate that I will need to empty at least 10 bags of gravel/stones by which time my arms will be truly toned. There was no point in starting on the next bag of gravel as delivery is only once a week (Mondays). Two bags a weeks sounds do-able. 
Afterwards I did some weeding, so satisfying when there are only a few weeds around and scooped out more blanket weed from the pond. I think I've got the bulk of it out so maybe I should buy more snails to keep it under control. 
I left the photo of the gravel for the end of this post because despite the excitement of knowing that progress is being made, right now the gravel (20ml to dust) looks like a car park. I'm having to use my imagination to the full to see past the barren waste especially when the birds land looking for food.

 

No comments: