Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 22 March 2024

A Good Day.

It has been a lovely day, both weather wise and in general. 
In fact I can say that I've had an excellent day and of course the sun made me even more cheerful. To begin with I woke just before the alarm was due to go off so that I got everything done in a relaxed manner before setting off in good time for the stables. The next thing was that I finally had a chance to ask the owner if I could possibly exchange my riding boots, still good but now giving me a bunion, for the larger pair I was borrowing from the school. (They have long and short boots in all sizes for people to borrow.) No problem at all said the owner so now I'm the proud owner of a pair of Harry Hall boots that don't squash my toes. That was then followed by a very good lesson on Cadno. At the end of the lesson as we were lined up before dismounting the owner told us that she is planning four all day rides in June if any of us were interested. Oh yes, that would suit me perfectly. I did ask if they could not be on a Thursday as I can't really miss Welsh class (though I would be tempted) but they will be on either Sundays or Mondays which are fine. I hope I'm up to five hours in the saddle, with a break for lunch. The final good thing at the stables was that just as I was booking my next lesson I was told that there will be an additional two and a half hour hack next Monday. That had only just been put on FB so I got my name down pronto and cancelled the one hour hack I was planning to go on on Wednesday. That made up for the disappointment of missing out on the first long hack.
After all that excitement I drove to the builders' merchants to order the first bag of rough gravel. Seeing that the big bags were stacked on top of each other in the yard I asked if it would be possible for the delivery guy to stack a second bag on the first as there is only the floor space for one bag inside the garden gate. Yep that was okay and as I was still £10 under the limit for free delivery I included three paving slabs. That way I saved the £15 delivery charge, or £30 if I had the bags one at a time and I need fifteen paving slabs for the new path.
Things were not that exciting at the supermarket though I did buy three thyme plants to go by the new path. I've got a list in my head of the plants I would like for the shingle garden so that I can snap them up when I come across them. We don't have a good selection of garden centres but Morrisons do some plants at reasonable prices. I had my usual look around the town shops and got a couple of frames for some photos I want to put up and two bags of polystyrene balls in assorted sizes for crafting. I've seen some nice ideas for needle felted Christmas decorations but the polystyrene balls are quite pricey in the craft shops. I also bought another long gym top (sleeveless) in Tesco. It was reduced to half price and by the time I used one of my vouchers it only cost me £2.50.
I only had an hour for digging when I got home but I dug out two very deep bramble roots which I'm glad to have got rid of. Just after I finished outside there were a few drops of rain and I could see what I'm calling 'nearly rain' clouds. 
The clouds were trying to rain but not quite succeeding. And then there was just a hint of a rainbow. 
Now that is what I call a good day.

 

No comments: