Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 26 March 2024

Zoo Day.

Today has been mostly cloudy with a little sun in the afternoon.
Even though my back was twinging a bit from yesterday I went down to the zoo to do some weeding. That way I've got the whole of the rest of the week for gardening. There were many more families at the zoo as we head towards the Easter holidays. Spending most of my time in my quiet little world I had forgotten just how loud some youngsters can be. I did a general tidy up of all my little areas. Nothing was too bad but it's good to get rid of any weeds before everything starts to grow like mad.
Keith the kookaburra's aviary was refurbished over the winter and is now home to fan tail pigeons and quail. (Keith was classed as an exotic animal and had to be rehomed.)
We've had the ducks for a while but I still find the bright green of the Cayuga ducks unreal. 
Mr Pea was showing off his tail feathers but the pea hens were not interested at all.
Back home I took my painkillers earlier than usual and had a restful afternoon. I'll be off to Pilates soon where I can unwind my poor muscles ready for gardening tomorrow.

 

No comments: