Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 March 2024

Sunny.

Bright and sunny all day long, hooray.
Tempted as I was to spend the whole day digging I began by spending a couple of hours at the zoo. (And forgot to take my camera or even my phone.) There I pruned the nine mature buddleia bushes in various rabbit/guinea pig enclosures. I had pruned them last year so there wasn't anything that my loppers couldn't cut through. In fact some of them were pruned less than last year when I had cut them all back to grow into bushes 5-6 ft high which makes the yearly pruning easy for me. However I had noticed that some of those bushes blocked visitors' view of the animals inside the enclosures so this year I pruned higher up so that those buddleia will be more like small trees.
Leaving the zoo I stopped to say hello to somebody I know who was out walking a friend's dog and gave her and the dog a lift home as she was running late. It was a good time to dig up a bit of one of her hardy geraniums, Anne Folkhard, which has magenta flowers with a dark purple centre. I had not managed to bring some with me amongst the plants I brought from Dingles so when I spotted it last year in her garden she kindly said I could have some when I had a suitable spot to plant it.
I still managed to fit in a few hours trench digging with blackbird and robins in attendance. I wonder if they think I am purely there to dig up worms for them or if they think the roots I put in my bucket are worms I'm going to have for myself. I know birds don't really think that way but it amuses me to ponder such thoughts.
I finished off with going to choir in the evening. It's a clear cold night with the stars shining brightly above.
 

No comments: