Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 March 2024

Wet, or Maybe Not.

You would not think it looking at the photo below but my morning was grey and filled with frequent and heavy showers. I say 'my morning' because Peter informs me that although grey it stayed dry here and then we had a sunny afternoon.
I rode Margaret this morning. All was fine when we were trotting but cantering was a different matter. I think I've got so used to Cadno who responds smoothly to the aids for canter that I was a bit less focussed and there was some racing on at a fast trot before Margaret settled into canter. Not my finest efforts. Today the teaching was mainly about 'inside leg to outside rein' (dressage-y stuff) and I don't think we did terribly well as it was suggested that some of us study the subject before the next lesson. I was hoping to book myself onto a two and half hour hack before Easter but unfortunately it was already full which was a disappointment. I had known about it earlier but had waited until I knew what was happening about my toe. There are no lessons on Good Friday but I managed to book onto an hour hack with just two other people one of whom I know from RDA.
Because it was so wet I didn't bother with mooching around town and only did the usual shopping in Morrison's and Lidl. Lidl are running a Japanese Food promotion and I brought home these lime and yuzu sorbet balls to try when I do get my toe done. They also had some tubs of ice-cream in unusual flavours. The honey one would have been my choice (if I wasn't watching what I eat) or even the lemon and ginger but wasabi? That's an extreme flavour combination. 
In the afternoon I was back out digging again. Only half a trench this time. My trenches seem to be getting deeper and deeper but then I think the deeper the topsoil goes the less chance of any of the roots making their way up through the sand, gravel and stones.  

No comments: