Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 March 2024

Dry.

The day began warm and sunny but by the end of the afternoon things had hazed over.

Of course I was back out digging away in the garden. My progress wasn't as straight forward as usual as there were some deep (3ft down) bramble roots to dig out and one venerable dandelion root that was nearly 2ft long. Now, instead of a tidy trench across the garden one side resembles bomb craters where I had to burrow down through the clay. The bold robin was my close companion, he's very fond of the occasional small white grubs that were in the soil. He's welcome to eat those, I'm not sure what they are but probably not good for my plants. And .... at last I've got him to take worms from my hand, five times today! I had a quick tidy in the back garden too as some of the weeds were already flowering.

A few last photos from Sunday's walk.


Chickens in the station car park, or maybe not. (There is a bigger car park further along.) I assumed that there was no parking by the sign and anyway it's out of season.
Sea mist rolling in this evening.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

A bit of snow here today on this first day of spring.