Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 March 2024

Sunny.

Lots of sun today but rather cold.
As I sat out with my tea this morning I could see a scattering of snow on the hill tops which by the end of the afternoon had melted away. (The snow not the hill tops.)
I took the above photo at 10.00 when the sun was shining on the snowy peaks beyond. There's still snow up there now but the clouds have dropped so we won't get to see the sunset colours reflected by the snow.
After a quiet winter there has been more activity on the water. Far out on the horizon more than 30 miles away there were what looked like two vessels. However when I looked on the maritime vessel locator site where you can track ships all around the world, it only came up with the one on the right which is the tug boat Selina. We guessed that it was towing some sort of construction barge.
The second boat was the fishing boat Genesis which is based at Aberystwyth harbour. It looks as if they were putting out lobster/crab pots. 
No prizes for guessing that I spent my day out in the garden. I began at the far end of the path digging over the soil and taking out any weeds or roots. I got to a point where I was able to dig a trench right across the garden into which goes the topsoil along with any roots I failed to pick out before being covered with subsoil from the bottom of the next trench. There isn't a thick layer of topsoil so my trench is less than a foot deep but it still takes a while to do as I'm working on my knees and trying to remove anything that might possibly grow again. Also this way I should be able to dig out the last remaining bramble roots. As I worked first one robin then a second began singing to me to remind me to throw worms their way. One was very bold and eventually was sitting on a low stem almost within arms reach while the other was much more cautious and mainly stayed hidden in hedge. The female blackbird turned up for her share too. 

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

A sunny day is always nice even it if is cold. :)