Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 March 2024

Phew!

Unfortunately not a scorcher today, just a bit of sun in the morning with the sky soon becoming grey and gloomy. There was good wind and although it felt like it might rain at any time it stayed dry and I got some sheets dried on the line.
First thing in the morning I had to go down to the surgery for another blood test. I'd had a phone call yesterday and there happened to be a slot this morning. (Even though there were people in the waiting room I was brave enough to speak Welsh to say I had an appointment at 9.30.) Naturally getting the phone call was disconcerting to say the least. I started by thinking of fairly minor reasons why they needed to do more tests which then escalated to more serious reasons and worse. Of course I knew I was being dramatic but you never know. As it turned out it the first set of results were all fine but the test for diabetes hadn't been included. The nurse who took the blood said she would be able to tell me the result if I ring her tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to be generous and say that maybe the doctor who is new to the surgery, wasn't aware that the diabetes test wasn't included in the basic tests as when I looked the NHS website gave diabetes as one of the possible causes for cold feet. At least I don't have to wait long for the result.
The second phew was over waking this morning with more backache than usual. I wondered if I was going to have to ease off on the gardening which would drag the work out even longer. But later in the day I noticed I had forgotten to take my painkillers last night. I sort my tablets out once a day and keep each set separate in egg cups so it is easy to see if I miss any. That was the reason my back was not good. I'm hoping that once all the heavy work is done in the garden I can start cutting back on the painkillers even more than I have already.
The final phew came after I had some concerns over seeing an announcement that there would be a cliff top weekend reggae 'party' (festival) in Borth in June. My first thought that this would be somewhere on the cliff top in front of our house which didn't seem possible due to the small size of the grassy area. So then I thought it would be in the fields that are are part of the caravan park  just behind us. Still too close for comfort. I love live music but the thought of a weekend of somebody else's music blaring away wasn't appealing. Then I had the sense to look on line for more details. From a video of the last time they held this festival I could see that it was in fields on the cliffs but at least a mile away which is fine. We might even go there for the day depending on the cost of tickets.
Apart from all that unnecessary worrying and going to the surgery I've done some digging in the garden, taken part in the Welsh class, done the ironing and been to disco aerobics. Another busy day.
 

No comments: