Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 March 2024

Dry.

Watching the wind stir up jagged ripples across the flat sea this morning the muted colours of the village houses and the generally grey palette reminded me of an impressionist painting. Overall the scene was grey, even the mountains beyond were almost hidden by the sea mist.
With a good wind blowing I got the washing done and went out to hang it up before breakfast only to feel the sea mist blowing in. Hung it all up in the utility room only to find the sea mist gone after breakfast but couldn't be bothered to move the washing. Naturally we then had a dry and mainly sunny day. 
Before getting back to my trenching I planted up the large bowl with succulents and other small rockery plants. That led on to digging out and straightening the long concrete slabs at the front of the bluebell/ hydrangea border (directly beyond the bowl in the photo above) which over the years had developed a significant lean. I half filled the planter with the fine gravel from one side of the slabs and then covered the compost with pebbles from the same area. I was just sorting out my knee pads and gloves before starting when one of the robins sat on a branch by me twittering away. Being the kind hearted human that I am I went and did some random digging just to find some worms for his breakfast.
And then it was back to digging in the trench while Peter went off to cox for the rowers. I didn't quite make it all the way across the garden but it's all progress.
Beautiful sea colours.
A surprise flower.
A touch of evening colour.

 

No comments: