Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 March 2024

Sunny.

It's been a sunny spring-like day with hardly any wind. However when when we came home after our trip to town we could see that it had rained in Borth. Large waves have been rolling in all day and the first surfer was out just after 7.00. By late afternoon this number had increased to twenty.
We had to be out of the house by 9.00 this morning as I had an appointment at the opticians at 9.30. Peter had forgotten about my eye test and booked his appointment at the chiropractor for his back at 10.30 instead of the other option which was in the afternoon so he had to come in with me and hang around town for an hour. I think he went to buy some proper sausages from the butcher.
The optician was very thorough and I found out that my dry eyes are a result of the laser surgery. This has caused some irritation of the eye lids so now, along with my handful of daily pills I have to keep a hot eye mask (heated in the microwave) on my eyes for 10 minutes every morning and use different eye drops four times a day as the preservative in the ones from the doctor makes my eyes sting. Something to do with the ph. Apart from that my eyes are in good shape, no signs of glaucoma and only the usual  beginnings of cataracts associated with age. The little red area inside my eyelid is just a cyst, nothing to worry about. Sight is such an important sense and the yearly check up with all the different machines is reassuring.
Of course as soon as I got home I was back out in the garden. The trench is slowly getting wider and deeper. The deeper it is the less likely any remaining roots will grow up through the sandy subsoil. If I was planning to turn the front garden into a vegetable plot I would have been disappointed at the thin layer of top soil but the soil conditions are perfect for a shingle garden.
I shall be turfing a purring Speedy off my lap in a minute to go down to the hall for Pilates. I enjoy having an hour to really focus on my body and I do some of the exercises at home too though in a rather sporadic manner.
 

1 comment:

thelma said...

Those waves look tempting but I don't surf. Interesting what you say about having your eyes lasered. I had mine done as well a few months ago and have the opposite effect, very watery eyes, especially when out and about. Also have the same stinging in my eyelids, perhaps I should go back to the doctors. It must be very soothing to live by the sea, the sound of the waves.