Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 17 July 2018

A Little Cooler.

It's been a cloudy and a bit cooler today but that didn't stop me wearing shorts for my walk to town. My first stop was to pick up Patch's anti-inflammatory medicine from the vet's now that they know it's not affecting him adversely. Then to the library to change my books and of course I checked out the charity shops. There I bought a tiny glass tumbler just the right size for my sweet peas. I do have a number of small vases but they are all packed away somewhere. I also bought another (yes, the third) bright orange top for 'concert wear'. This one is sleeveless and flowy which made it a 'must have'. Oh and it was only 99p. It was at least 3 sizes too big which was fine as all I had to do was to take it in on the side seams which I've already done.

Pilton St. is getting ready for Green Man Day on Saturday. My translation of VIR VIRIDIS VIVIT as - Live a green life wasn't far off the actual translation - A green life. So far we haven't been asked to be road marshals for the procession  but that sometimes happens at the last minute so we'll see. I'll be singing with the choir in the afternoon when we give a free concert in the church. Peter is helping set up the History Group's display of local history on Friday and on the day he'll be part of the Gig Club stand.
We watch and listen to a lot of consumer advice programmes and Peter has been putting his knowledge to good use in the matter of getting motor insurance for the camper. Time and again we've seen cases where insurance companies fall back on the small print to invalidate a claim or even the whole insurance even if the infringement is nothing to do with the claim. High on the list is failing to declare any modifications which range from fitting a tow bar or bicycle rack to putting decals/stickers on the vehicle. Even if these things were done before you purchased the vehicle you still have to tell your insurers. You also have to check the printed policy carefully, on ours they'd misspelt my name, put diesel instead of petrol and had us as non-home owners. Any of these could if they had wished, have invalidated the insurance and we all know how keen companies are to pay out. They told Peter over the phone to simply make the corrections and initial them but he insisted on a new correct printed policy.
After my walk into town I felt a distinct lack of energy but doing a little housework got me going again. I got out the tube of sealant that had proved so tricky last time and made a much better effort at sealing the edges of the bathroom lino. One trick I've learned is to use wet wipes to clean off any excess sealant from both hands and floor.
While I've been working at my PC these two jackdaws have been sitting on the roof of a house on the other side of the grass. Apart from shuffling a little closer they've hardly moved for the whole time. My guess is that they're a pair of youngsters who've been told to wait for their parent's return. And now they've gone. Correction, they've just moved along. Now they really have gone, scared off by a large seagull circling overhead.

No comments: