Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Cooler.

The sky has been fairly cloudy today with a refreshingly cool breeze but between the clouds there were spells of intense heat. The grass is still too dry to cut but I went around the garden removing any weeds. I also pruned the two unidentified shrubs in the front garden. I'd been waiting for less hot conditions but the bushes were beginning to look quite straggly. I suspect I'm not giving them a chance to flower but at least now they are tidy blob shapes so that'll have to do.
We had our last Pilates session of the term tonight with Tony who has a calmer style. We were going to go outside on the grass but stayed inside as one lady has hayfever. As I didn't want to put any weight on my knee I had to adapt some of the poses which must have looked a bit odd but we are a mixed bunch anyway. We range from lithe and young to older and trying hard and though generally I'm concentrating hard when I do take a break I'll see a couple of other people doing the same.
The hydrangea bushes are covered in blooms both pink and blue. Handy if you wanted to do an arrangement for a new baby. 

Peter was watching the football (World Cup) when I got home so I ate my supper in the cool garden. He doesn't watch the football as a rule and true to form the referee is ignoring blatant  fouls from the opposition and pulling the England players up for the smallest fault. And we're probably not going to win either.

No comments: