Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 July 2018

Curry on the Beach.

With the sun blazing down it was a good day to head to the beach. Although the school holidays don't start for another week the summer crowds have begun to arrive. 
We got to the beach early and after an ankle deep paddle in the cold water we settled down to read for a while. There was a cool breeze blowing and it is easy to see how people get tempted to stay out in the sun all day.  
We had our 'curry' which is really a selection of vegetable dishes with some chicken curry and poppadums. It's very filling but I did find it a little salty as I hardly ever use salt and even then only tiny amounts.
I spent the morning sorting out which things we need to put in the camper or at least where they are. Of course most of the stuff; bedding, towels etc. is up in the loft with one box being right at the furthest corner again. (The opposite furthest corner to where the camping equipment box was.) I better try and get in the loft early tomorrow before it gets too hot.

3 comments:

happyone said...

I like to take walks on the beach but it has been a long time since I did.
Where will you go for your first trip with the camper van?

Ruta M. said...

We plan to go to Dartmoor. Not too far away but I found the journey too long for a day trip the last time we went.

happyone said...

I'm sure you and Peter will have so much fun with the camper van. We toured the USA in one a bunch of years ago.