Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Overcast.

England won the football after a nail biting penalty shoot out. That was a relief.
Mainly overcast today with a cool breeze. Not long after I hung my washing out I felt a few spits of rain though once I brought in the washing we had a hot sunny spell. Some of the clouds look very black so the washing is now hanging in the conservatory.
I drove into town today, first to take a bag of grass cuttings and some offcuts of wood to the dump. Then my usual round of Tescos and Lidl's and into B&Q, oops cat on keyboard  (wewewewewessddddddddddddddddddaaaaaa - Patch's contribution) to get some bathroom sealant for the shower. Naturally I checked out the reduced plants and bought a half price Busy Lizzie for one of the wall planters. I had nasturtiums in there but the compost dried out too quickly and they didn't thrive. This time I used a strong plastic bag with some holes in the bottom to line the planter which should help keep water in.
The mystery plant may well be a jasmine which would be nice.
It's choir tonight so I'm busy trying to learn Okolo which I think we are singing at the wedding next weekend. Hah, checked the list and we're not. Better work on the end of Chasing Cars instead.

1 comment:

lea said...

That does look like my J. stephanense, with those pale pink blossoms. That thing is a monster when planted in the ground. I had to give it a severe pruning this spring and it's over the top of the trellis and well filled out already.