Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 July 2018

Sunny.

It's been another sunny day though with a cooler wind and the occasional broken up clouds. None of the predicted thunderstorms though. We are certainly having a lovely summer in which to enjoy our secluded and sunny back garden or as I like to describe it, our outdoor living area.
As well as sitting outside enjoying the sun I baked some cookies and did some sewing. I didn't have any more coconut so this time I added crunchy peanut butter to the chocolate cookie recipe. They turned out well with the added fat content from the peanut butter  making them crispier. The sewing was to add a pocket to the good running shorts I wear outside of the house. I stitched a cloth purse which had lost all of its embellishments, to the inside of the waistband. Now I have somewhere to keep my keys or more importantly spare camera battery when I go out for a walk. I also had a thorough tidy up of my study which is so small and filled with stuff it easily looks untidy. A place for everything and everything in its place is my motto.
From tiny green hairs the pony tails grass have grown into respectable clumps. While I like informal cottage garden style planting I also like to have some areas of clean lines with carefully placed planting. 
The chilli plants haven't really flourished but we'll get at least one chilli pepper from each of them. 

No comments: