Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Hot.

It felt a bit cooler this morning but once I got up into the loft, with knee pads on this time,  it was as hot as ever. I searched and searched but only found some of the bedding I was after. I got into the box in the far corner with some contortions around boxes and beams only to find that the smart new towels I was after weren't in there. I probably used them as padding for some sculptures or other fragile items. Even  a second trip to the loft later on failed to reveal the whereabouts of the towels or another single duvet cover. When I think of how many duvet covers I donated to the charity shops it's a bit irritating to have to go out and buy one. 
Patch has found himself a new cool spot in the front garden under the montbretia but I ought to tie them back a bit. Frustratingly I meant to bring some expensive metal plant supports from Dingles but didn't.
We have now joined the ranks of the 'old'. Not only do we plan to roam the country in a camper and are members of the Camping and Caravanning Club but we are now members of the National Trust. Actually we've joined the Scottish National Trust, it's £20 cheaper and still gets us into Trust properties in England. This came about because we are planning our inaugural trip in the camper. Checking out the local places of interest we discovered that to visit a gorge quite similar to Watersmeet would cost us £20! but is free for NT members. It's not right that people should have to pay to visit the countryside but that's the way it is.
I sat outside for a while later in the afternoon but it was so hot I soon headed back indoors.

Colour clash.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Yes, it does get HOT in lofts. We call them attics.
Great spot for Patch.
The flowers were very pretty.

Harriet said...

What are the bright red flowers?

Here in Michigan, we must pay enter any of our state/federal parks. It is quite pricey too!

Ruta M. said...

They are crocosmia which come in a range of orange and red shades. The slightly bigger red ones in the front garden are 'Lucifer' but I'm not sure which variety the red ones in the back garden are.