Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 July 2018

Hot.

It's Peter's birthday today. We don't do much in the way of celebrations but we are heading out for a curry on the beach tomorrow. Peter kept asking if I would grow some herbs for him to use in his cooking so I bought him a box of herbs (mint, marjoram and parsley) and a little acer as they are his favourites. I had them hidden in the front garden tucked under a hydrangea for the last few days. This place is so small it's quite hard to find hiding places for secrets.
It's been another sunny day with a good breeze so after I did my exercises outside we sat and enjoyed the sun and made plans for some trips with the camper. Earlier I gave our camping table a clean. There are 2 tables for inside the camper but it's handy to have a table for outside. I also re-did the seal around the shower tray as there is a small leak somewhere and the existing seal wasn't in a good condition. Taking off the old seal took some time but after that I thought it would be plain sailing. Not today, I managed to squeeze out too much sealant and made a horrible mess of smoothing over the sealant. It was so bad I had to wipe it all off - not easy, and then start again. It now looks better and hopefully will stop water seeping out.

As it was such a lovely day yesterday I pinched some photos taken by other people.
The Handfasting. At the side can be seen some of many roof slates with beautifully written quotes or instructions that were all around the place. Sitting on the wooden planter are tubes of bubble mixture, all through the afternoon friends released bubbles into the air where they sparkled in the sunlight as swallows darted in and out. Later a drone flew over recording a unique view of the wedding.

Some of the choir members relaxing in the shade. The young lass on the right had a mist spray bottle filled with water and mint leaves to cool people down and very refreshing it was too. 
The chairs were decorated simply but  effectively with strips of silver tape which fluttered and sparkled in the sun.

The cottage style gardens looked lovely. Some of the plants may even have originated from Dingles as I remember sharing some plants when I came to collect Romas all those years ago.
I took this photo last night as the cool breeze blew through my window. Music from the wedding drifted in from behind the hill. There were also fireworks which I could hear but not see.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy Birthday to Peter. 🎈 I like the gift that you gave him. I plan to grow some herbs in the kitchen box window at the new house.