Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 1 July 2018

Rain.

The festival music continued on until quite late though the volume had lessened. I kept hearing the sounds of a firework display which annoyingly I couldn't see from either the front or back windows and I was too tired to go out into the garden.
Finally we've had some rain. This morning it fell gently accompanied by the sound of the church bells ringing out. Later on it fell heavily for a short while. Hopefully that will refresh the ground. I could see the hydrangea bushes were beginning to look a bit sad.
I've still watered the planters at the front of the house and the first green tomatoes are starting to appear. 
I haven't done much at all today, just pottered around doing household jobs and taking things easy.

No comments: