Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 12 July 2018

Still Hot.

The hot sunny weather continues with the exception being a short spell of rain mid-morning.
I feel very relaxed after a day of simply getting on the usual routine of exercise and housework. The only variant was my neighbour calling round to ask if I could take up a pair of white trousers for her (they are off on a cruise tomorrow). Flattering though it was to be thought such a competent needlewoman I had to tell that her that my sewing skills were not that good. Instead I suggested she get some iron on hemming tape which is what she did.  I did end up sitting outside doing some sewing repairs on my tatty running shorts that I wear around the house and when I'm decorating. I know it's fashionable now for youngsters to wear trousers and maybe shorts with numerous rips but having the hem almost falling off my shorts was not for me. 
Peter and I sat outside for a while but the heat, 105F/40C was too much to be in for long even with the breeze. 
I'm loving the sweet peas with their vibrant colours and sweet scent. I cut a bunch every day to brighten up the kitchen. 

3 comments:

happyone said...

Wow that is HOT. I don't think it as ever been that hot here, not at least while we've been living here.
I didn't think it got that hot by you. The little rain must have been nice.
The flowers have such pretty colors.

Ruta M. said...

The official temperatures are not as high but I reckon that a thermometer placed on the table next to me gives the temperature in the garden at least. People are posting pictures of trays of thin cookies cooking inside their cars as a warning not to leave dogs in cars.

happyone said...

Yes, it sure can get hot in car. I can't believe that some people leave dogs or even their kids in the car. I think it is illegal in most states now.