Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 July 2018

Rain.

We had some rain today, only for about an hour in the morning but enough for me to hang my washing in the conservatory. Later I moved the washing outside to dry in the sun. The wind has increased to the point where it is beginning to whistle around the corners of the house. 
In the afternoon I took Patch to the vets' for a check to see how he is getting on after 3 months on the anti-inflammatory medicine. He had put on 200 gms and the vet's initial view was that he was doing well. Patch was then taken away and had his neck shaved for a blood test to check liver, kidney and pancreatic function. When the vet phoned later with the results he said that everything was fine and Patch was in remarkable condition for his age and heart murmur. I had prepared myself to hear that Patch wasn't doing well as I know that it is easy to kid oneself that a loved pet is fine when in reality it isn't. The next check is in 6 months though whether he'll make it to that is another thing.
I did some gardening in the afternoon, dead heading the hydrangeas and roses and a little weeding. I've been watering my neighbours' front garden while they're away and today as requested I reminded the son to water the back garden plants. 
Our friend came round to fix the U-bend leak. It turned out to be a problem with the O-ring and off he went to buy a replacement. It's all been put back together again so hopefully there'll be no more leaks.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear that Patch had a good doctors report. : )