Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Sea Mist.

While much of the country bakes in the current heatwave we had a much cooler morning due to the sea mist that rolled in and then out again. We spent the afternoon under the edge of a weather front with clear blue skies not returning until later on. Thankfully it's nothing like the heatwave being experienced in other parts of the world nor do we have to worry about wildfires.
Today I gave the inside of the conservatory a thorough clean, wiping down everything and washing the floor. I told myself I wouldn't go on to do the windows but ended up washing one pane to use up my last bucket of hot soapy water. Later I sat outside finishing off my mending in the warm breeze. As I sat there I heard an unfamiliar bird cry and looking up saw a pair of herons flying high over town and later heard a buzzard's call. When Peter got home there was still time for us to get out the sun loungers and read in the sun though as usual we did more talking than reading.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I saw a heron fly over me today too. : ) They are around but don't see them that often here.